When planning our weekly dinners (yes, I am actually doing this now in an attempt to be organized), my husband ALWAYS requests this delicious, easy chicken dinner. In fact, this is his FAVORITE dinner so I figured I had to share the recipe with you all. This recipe was given to my mom from her friend Rose, so we have unofficially named this dish “Rose’s Chicken”. I can’t even tell you how easy this is to make. Prep time is less than 5 minutes – it is so insanely EASY…. even with a kid (or two) hanging on your leg.
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bag fresh spinach (5 ounces)
Ranch dressing (for marinating chicken; approx 1-1.5 cups)
1 jar of salsa (I recommend buying a higher quality salsa)
1/4 cup buttered bread crumbs
feta cheese or goat cheese (enough to sprinkle on top of dish – approx. 3 ounces)
Ahead of time: Marinate chicken breasts in Ranch dressing for at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Empty bag of spinach into casserole dish. This will seem like a TON of spinach, but it will wilt when cooking.
2. Shake excess dressing from chicken breasts and lay on top of spinach.
3. Pour jar of salsa on top of chicken (if the salsa you buy is particularly watery, you can strain some of the excess juice)
4. Top the salsa with the buttered bread crumbs (melt 1-2 tbsp of butter and mix with breadcrumbs) and sprinkle either feta or goat cheese on top.
5. Bake uncovered until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees (typically 45 minutes depending on thickness of chicken).
And that’s it! My husband’s favorite easy chicken dinner – totally man-pleasing. Oh, and I think it’s pretty great too.
I have also tried this with frozen spinach and it works! Substitute fresh spinach with an entire bag of frozen spinach. Do not thaw. Place frozen spinach in dish and follow remaining steps.
For more Sisters to Sons recipes click here!In other news…. did you see my post on SCARY MOMMY today?? An exciting moment for this little blogger!