Based on the attention my last post received, I can’t help but think it’s because there are many mamas out there who can relate. We have a lot on our minds. We have a lot of things to remember. We can do it all, but admittedly, things can be easier with a little help. And if we can make our job of “raising humans” a little easier, than why not?
Here are 4 things that will make your life easier:
1. Instacart – Ok this might be too good to be true. It’s an app (and you can also just go to the website on your computer) , type in your zip code and the participating stores will display like so:
Select your store, fill up your cart, select a delivery time and your goods will be delivered to your door, same day, as soon as 1 hour after the order is placed. Yes, you are reading that correctly.
Wine and Spirits.
Talk about a game changer.
So you’re thinking, “This service has got to to cost like a million dollars, right? Things like this just don’t exist.”
First delivery is free and subsequent deliveries are $3.99 for 2 hour delivery and $5.99 for 1 hour delivery. I think I speak for most people who have experienced the joy it is to take child to the grocery store and most would pay that small fee if such a lovely experience didn’t have to occur. Amiright?
Try it out using this link and you’ll get free delivery and $10 just for signing up. Then send it to your friends and you’ll get $5 for referring someone. (If you sign up through me, thank you!… I’ll be splurging on a good bottle of vino with the extra cash most likely.)
2. Fresh Direct – Another awesome delivery service! When ever I don’t have a chance to get to the store, I open one of my previous orders, add/delete items as needed, schedule delivery and am all set!
My favorite tip would be to use Fresh Direct when you are coming home from a trip. Have it scheduled so your groceries are delivered once you get home.
3. Cross Country Cafe – Ok so now we have food delivery covered, wine delivery covered…. all we are missing is….. COFFEE! Where are all of my coffee lovers? Let me introduce you to this family owned and operated online coffee distributor. Keurig Machine? Check! Nespresso Machine? They gotcha covered. They also have a best price guarantee – just send them the link to the lower price you found and they will match it.
Compliments of Cross Country Cafe, I have been enjoying their HiLine coffee Nespresso compatible capsules – a great variety of espresso at an even better value. Cross Country Cafe would like to give one lucky reader a HiLine sampling (one box of each variety)! Be sure to enter this giveaway at the bottom of the post. Not a Nespresso owner? Share it with someone who is!
4. Stitch Fix – Ok so while this might not be a necessity, everyone needs clothes on their back. If they happen to be stylish, well, even better. But have you ever tried to go clothes shopping with your kids?
It goes something like this:
Within about 27 seconds they have weaseled out of your grip and beelined to the nicely folded piles of clothes on display which they proceed to destroy. As you feverishly try to make them look pretty again (because you can feel the sales associate’s eyes burning a hole through your the back of your head) only have your lovely child destroy yet another pile of clothing. All this mixed in with some army crawling under the hanging racks followed by a cat and mouse chase through the dressing room. You grab the first shirt you can see and buy it just so the trip wasn’t a complete waste of time (and energy, and embarrassment). When you get home, you realize its awful.
So now when I need some new clothes I use:
I have been loving Stitch Fix for 3 reasons.
1. I get things I wouldn’t typically pick for myself.
2. I can set my price range.
3. I don’t have to experience the debacle described above.
Here’s a sneak peak of my latest “fix”… full post to come later this week.
(See how much happier we are frolicking in the backyard rather than wrangling bulls in a retail store? Life is easy, breezy.)…..ha!
Anyway. Those are 4 things that will make your life easier. Got any tips for me?